If saving as much money on a new car as possible is the most important part of buying a car for you then now is the time. As we approach Dec 31 the pressure is on manufacturers and dealers to sell as many cars as possible to make way for next year’s models. But before we get into the how’s and why’s of this, the first thing to make a decision on is;
IS IT THE BEST TIME OF YEAR FOR YOU TO BUY A CAR?
To help you decide here are 6 key questions we recommend you should answer to make the decision to buy a new car easier;
1. How old is your current car? If it is just about to come out of its warranty period then now is a good time to buy particularly if you do a lot of driving and there are a few kilometers on the clock. Why? You may be looking at increased service and maintenance costs. If the kilometers are low this can also be a good reason to buy a new car because a car with low mileage and in good condition will usually attract a premium when trading.
2. Is your car older than 5 years? If your car is an older model then it is likely the petrol consumption is not great. As a general rule, new model cars achieve far superior fuel consumption which will lead to great savings at the bowser as well as on the purchase price.
3. How reliable is your current car? An unreliable car is inconvenient, wastes time, and breakdowns may place you in dangerous situations.
4. What are your servicing bills? Are your servicing bills starting to skyrocket? As a car ages servicing will become more expensive as wear and tear can lead to more and more parts needing replacement or repair increasing your costs to maintain the car in good and reliable running order. New cars now need fewer services in their lifetime.
5. Does your job influence the car you drive? Depending on your employment or profession owning a newer model car is part of maintaining your professional image. You should definitely take advantage of end of year savings and look into financing options, which may also have some saving advantages depending on your employment circumstances.
6. Have your personal circumstances changed? Are you about to get married or have a baby? Your changing personal circumstances often mean your car needs to change and getting a great deal during end of year run out on a new car makes it a lot less painful.
WHY END OF YEAR IS THE BEST TIME FOR A DEAL
End of the year is traditionally the time when we are able to negotiate even better deals. Red Plum Automotive has grown an extensive and trusted dealer network around the nation who love doing amazing deals with us, particularly just before Christmas.
Why? Firstly dealers know they have new stock arriving in the New Year, which they have paid for, so moving the 2016 stock is their focus. Every day that the stock sits on the showroom floor it is costing them a lot of money.
Secondly, add to this manufacturer bonuses and you have the perfect storm brewing. What does that mean for the car buyer? The manufacturer provides dealers with some extra cash to help them give even bigger discounts. This just sweetens the deal for you, the customer, a little bit more. Sometimes even we are shocked at some of the prices we get our customers at this time of the year.
The bottom line is, if the time is right for you to buy a car then we can guarantee the deal will be amazing. It really is all about timing.