EOFY CAR SALES | Better Deals?
May 16, 2018 • No Comment.
EOFY CAR SALES -
DO YOU GET BETTER DEALS?EOFY car sales advertisements are everywhere and you are thinking about buying a new car. Is it a good time to buy? There are many factors to consider and it is not just about price. A great price is a strong motivator though and who doesn't love a 'never to be repeated' price? But first, let's understand why dealers are running at you as EOFY approaches.
EOFY Car Sales Ads Marketing - Its PurposeDealers are in the business of selling cars and making as much profit as they can. That's ok, we live in a free-market economy where competition is good. Particularly when you are in the market to buy something. The car market is becoming tougher and more competitive. What marketers have done is taken the EOFY car sales and the End of Calendar Year car sales ( read our blog story HERE ) and thrown a lot of money at these two main points on the calendar. Except they have also marketed Demonstrator Sales, End of Model Run Out Sales, Spring Sales, Winter Sales, Clearance Sales you name it there is any number of sales happening at any time during the year. If the EOFY car sales ads have caught your eye and you are thinking of buying a new car but are not sure if the price is really as good as the ads say? Our advice to clients is the price is important however there are other factors to consider when buying a new car. Purchasing a new car is generally the second biggest purchase you will make. A home is considered the biggest. Therefore not something to take lightly.
Factors To Consider When Buying At EOFY Car SalesThere are a number of factors to take into account when you are thinking about buying before EOFY. These factors are related to your personal circumstances more than whether the price at the EOFY car sales is the best. This is because of the psychology of sales. They are designed to over-ride the logical part of your brain and tap into your emotional side. However, if a new car is what you want and need then there are some great deals to be had. Knowing you are getting the best deal is discussed a little later. But let's look at the 5 factors to consider before buying at EOFY Car Sales.
5 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- Have you financed your car and it is almost at the end of its term? You should definitely start thinking about an upgrade or refinancing. This gives you the opportunity to renegotiate your rate and drive a newer car.
- Is your car about to come out of the warranty period. Now is a good time to either upgrade or add an extended warranty to the car.
- Have your personal circumstances changed e.g. having a baby, getting married, landed a new job that needs a car to match your new position? All good reasons to upgrade.
- Are your repair bills starting to mount? A good reason to upgrade. It is likely if the reliability of your car is starting to become an issue then a new car with a good warranty will save you money and hassle.
- You have never really liked your car and never enjoy driving it. It is definitely time to consider a new car.